Checkbox is a flexible test automation software. It’s the main tool used in Ubuntu Certification program.
You can use checkbox without any modification to check if your system is behaving correctly or you can develop your own set of tests to check your needs. See Checkbox tutorials for details.
Documentation is under development. Some things are wrong, inaccurate or describe development goals rather than current state.
Checkbox can be installed from a PPA (recommended) or pypi on Ubuntu Precise (12.04) or newer.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hardware-certification/public && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install checkbox-ng
Running stable release update tests¶
Checkbox has special support for running stable release updates tests in an automated manner. This runs all the jobs from the sru.test plan and sends the results to the certification website.
To run SRU tests you will need to know the so-called Secure ID of the device you are testing. Once you know that all you need to do is run:
$ checkbox sru $secure_id submission.xml
The second argument, submission.xml, is a name of the fallback file that is only created when sending the data to the certification website fails to work for any reason.
Table of contents¶
- Introduction to Checkbox
- Checkbox tutorials
- Checkbox Unit Types
- Job Unit
- Test Plan Unit
- Category Unit
- Resource Job Units
- Template Unit
- Exporter Unit
- Manifest Entry Unit
- Packaging Meta Data Unit
- Plainbox RFC822 Specification
- Reporting Bugs
- The “Checkbox Stack”
- Checkbox launchers tutorial
- QML-native Jobs Tutorial
- What is a qml-native job
- Software requirements
- First qml-native job - Smoke test
- How to run jobs
- Multi-page tests
- Migrating QtQuick app to a qml-native test
- Confined Qml jobs
- Configuration values resolution order
- Checkbox nested test plans tutorial
- Quick start
- Use cases
- How to use a base test plan?
- How to use a base test plan, but without running them last?
- How to change category or certification status of jobs coming from nested parts?
- How to include a nested part from another namespace?
- Is it possible to have multiple levels of nesting?
- How to use a base test plan except a few jobs?
- Known limitations
- Contributing to Snappy Testing with Checkbox
- Snappy Provider
- Creating a test in five easy steps
- Running Checkbox on Ubuntu Core
- Creating a custom Checkbox application for Ubuntu Core testing